One of the great things about the Coachmen Apex 215RBK is the crazy amount of storage. The bathroom cabinets are huge and the cabinet over the sink is really big too. The problem with both of these cabinets is without shelves that much space isn’t useful. We used standard wire shelves that you can get at Home Depot or Lowes. For example these.
We picked the wire shelves because they are both lightweight and sturdy – and we didn’t want to add more wood to the trailer.
General Installation Notes
The shelves install just like they do at home. The standard clips and side hooks work and aren’t too long for the camper walls. Pay attention to:
- The cabinet finish scratches really easily. The cut ends of the shelf rails are pretty sharp.
- The shelf hangers are designed to allow the shelf to be a little bit narrow. I had to cut it down three times until they fit right.
- We used 12″ shelving for the kitchen and 20″ shelving for the bathroom.
- The standard hooks and end hangers worked fine. Change from the included nails to standard camper square drive screws.
Kitchen Installation Notes
- The kitchen cabinet isn’t rectangular!! The side by the light switches is at an angle (at least on mine). So measure both front and back.
Bathroom Installation Notes
- There’s no way to fit the shelf into the bathroom cabinet without removing the stile. It has 2 screws top and two screws bottom. They used a standard RV #2 square drive.